Warranty / Repairs / Replacement
The Bureau of Correctional Enterprises (BCE) furniture product warranties are subject to the BCE suppliers then current terms. This means that BCE furniture customers will enjoy the exact warranty coverage that the BCE vendor(s) is offering on the date that the BCE customer places their order.
EXCEPTIONS to these terms are:
- BCE OEM Products - 10 year warranty
- Foam, casters, slides, glides, task lighting - 1 year warranty
- Fabrics, leather, mesh, upholstery, vinyl - 3 year warranty
- Arm rest fabric and padding on all seating - 1 year warranty
- Computer accessories - 1 year warranty
EXCLUSIONS – Warranty does not cover:
- Failure resulting from normal wear and tear which is to be expected over the course of ownership.
- Any misuse, abuse or modification of the original product voids the warranty.
- Products that are exposed to extreme environmental conditions or that have been subject to improper storage.
- Alterations to product not expressly authorized by BCE, nor to products considered to be of a consumable nature such as bulbs, light ballasts, and surge suppression products.
- Customer Own Material (COM) including labor costs.
- Natural variations in wood grain; changes in surface finishes, including colorfastness, due to aging or exposure to light; matching of color, grain or texture, except to within commercially acceptable standards.
- BCE product warranty terms begin from the date the Authorized Users receive the product.
- BCE agrees its products to be free from defect in materials and workmanship, given normal use and care. All product warranties are based on usage from a single 8-hour shift, per day, unless otherwise noted.
- BCE products are not intended or warrantied for outdoor use unless specifically stated for outdoor use.
- Products (including parts and components) that fail under normal use as a result of a defect in design, materials, workmanship, or installation shall be repaired or replaced free of charge (including labor, delivery and installation) throughout the warranty period.
- Products that require warranty repair or replacement must be repaired or replaced within a time frame that is agreed upon, in writing, with the Authorized User.
All product is warrantied against defective workmanship and material identified from date of shipment. BCE is not responsible for damage to product due to misuse, neglect or circumstances beyond our control. The following is made in lieu of warranties expressed or implied: BCE's only obligation shall be to repair (at manufacture's option) such defective material. BCE shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage, direct or consequential, arising out of the use or inability to use the product. Before using; user shall determine the suitability of the product for intended use and the user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.
List of product warranty information:
|Airstring Core (LLDPE) Mattresses||1 Year|
|Foamcore / Healthcare Mattresses||1 Year|
|Dacron and Safeguard||6 Months|
|Security Pillow||90 Days|
|Garment Defects||30 Days|
|BCE Embroidery||90 Days|